Simplyvdesigns on Etsy

Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Day-Let Us Not Forget

Memorial Day is a day of rememberance for those who lay their lives on the line in the military!We should thank these brave men and women everyday for the service they provide-not just for the United States ,but for the entire world. We could never say the right words or give enough honor to those who have died, or have been injured fighting in wars that somehow hold no meaning to the masses. We fight, we die, we destroy for reasons that defy humane reasoning-but we must support those who do what they are asked to do for our country; they undergo what many will never understand, will never imagine, will never endure-so proud, so strong, incredible preseverance and diligence. I have many in my family who have proudly served this country and I want to acknowledge them: My father-Charlie-who served in the Korean War, My mother-Christine, served in the US military, my cousins-Ricky,Tom,Renee,Robert,Tim,Steve-all proud military veterans, and my brother, Charles-currently CW3-Commander -335th Transportation Detachment-USAV General Frank S. Besson Jr, Fort Eustis, Virginia, ,Silver and Bronze Star recepient,Global War on Terrorism Medals,Iraq War veteran-3 tours- I love all of you, I Thank you and Honor you for what you have done, what you are doing and what you will do!

From the Soldier's Creed: "I will always place the mission first
" I will never accept defeat"
"I will never quit"
"I will never leave a fallen comrade"

Let Us Not Forget!

No comments: